Sunday, March 25, 2012

Italian Pesto Sandwich

I will call this sandwich The Italian Pesto Sandwich.  There really is not a name for it. I had a similiar version when I traveled to Italy and of course most Italian restaurants carry this sandwich or some version of it.

1. The ingredients I used today are Ciabatta sandwich rolls, store bought pesto ( I will do another post on homemade pesto), tomatoes, mozarella cheese and bacon.



2. Layer the bread with pesto. As much as you want.



3. Add the sliced tomatoes and sliced mozzarella.



4. Add the cooked bacon. Note: the most effective way to cook bacon I have found is to bake it in the oven. Heat your oven to 400 degrees.  Arrange the bacon on a baking rack set over a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes until browned to your liking.



5. After adding all ingredients then grill the sandwich. I used my George Foreman grill as a panini press also.  Makes really nice ridge marks on bread.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment